Effective Date: October 15, 2014
Last updated: April 10, 2015
Welcome to BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Q1. Why does BANDAI NAMCO have this policy?
- Q3: What about information collected from children?
- Q4: How do we collect personal information?
- Q5: How the Cookies work?
- Q6: How do we use your information?
- Q7: With whom do we share your information?
- Q8: Will third parties collect information on your websites?
- Q9: What kinds of security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
- Q10: How can you update/change your login information and profile?
Q1. Why does BANDAI NAMCO have this policy?
Information you voluntarily provide us
- Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, credit card information (including billing and shipping information), or other information that allows us to personally identify or contact you online or off.
However, PII does not include all information about you.
- Third, PII does not include information that is not personally identifiable or is collected in the aggregate unless that information is combined with other information to become identifiable. Aggregate or combined information includes data that is related to you but studied as a group and does not identify you specifically.
- Demographic Information, which may include the following types of information about you: age or date of birth, educational level, gender, products owned/played, favorite games, genres, subjects and characters, and other non-personal or survey-type information including hobbies, attitudes, interests, and skills.
- Login Information such as username and password, secret answers to certain security questions, or other similar information that allows us to uniquely identify your account or authenticate you prior to giving you access to your account information or certain online activities. For some online accounts, certain login information such as your username may, itself, be personal (like an e-mail address) or tied to other personal information.
Information passively or automatically collected
- Technical Information, which may include certain information or characteristics about your computer system, including the type of computer operating system and web browser you use, your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") Address, and the names and versions of programs installed on your computer. For the most part, technical information such as the types described above remains anonymous (i.e., does not identify you personally), but in some cases can be traced back to personal information such as an e-mail address.
- Usage Information, which may collectively include non-personal information about: (i) how you use, browse, or view content on our websites ("Website usage" or "browsing" data), (ii) what products you buy or download online ("history"), and (iii) how you perform and progress on certain BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment ("play data"). Certain usage information may be linked or tied to other information in your account, including PII.
Q3: What about information collected from children?
A3: In order to comply with the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without permission of parent or guardian. The personal information collected from children are only used by Bandai Namco, under no circumstances these information will be sold nor transferred to third parties.
We take kids' privacy seriously, and encourage parents to play an active role in their children's online experience at all times. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from children under the age of 13 without permission of parent or guardian, we will take reasonable steps to promptly erase such information from our records.
Q4: How do we collect personal information?
A4: We may collect PII, demographic information, and login information from our users when they:
- Register for our websites
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Participate in polls, surveys, and questionnaires
- Participate in contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions
- Use e-cards, wish lists, and tell-a-friend features
- Register a product that you have purchased
- Receive customer or technical support
In addition to the voluntary information collection activities, we may also use various technologies, including cookies, web beacons, and log files, to passively or automatically collect information.
Web Beacons: Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites and in our e-mail communications. We may use web beacons for technical purposes such as analyzing website traffic patterns, consumer interests, and the effectiveness of our communications with our users. These technical methods may involve transmitting information either directly to us or to another entity authorized by us to collect information on our behalf.
Log Files: Log files are files that record web activity and gather non-personal information about your visit to or use of our websites. Log files may help us capture technical and usage information. We may use information captured through log files such as an IP Address (together with your personal information) to troubleshoot technical problems, maintain online safety and security, and if necessary, prohibit or restrict access to our online services by certain users.
Q5: How the Cookies work?
For the cookies used on our websites, we use the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to browse around our websites and use its features such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services like logging, contributing to the community and goodies ordering cannot be provided.
- Anonymous Usage statistics Cookies
Used amongst coordination with 3rd party analytics service provider, these cookies collect information about how you use our websites — for instance, which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies also might be used used to let affiliates know if you came to one of our websites from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. These cookies are only used to improve how our website works and then make them easier for you to navigate.
- Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you, and they cannot track your browsing activity on any other websites.
Your options face with the Cookies:
Through your browser (like Internet Explorer™, Firefox™, Opera™, Chrome™ or Safari™) settings you can choose at any time and for free to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is sent, to accept the cookies or to turn off all cookies.
- Cookies’ acceptation
If you choose to accept the cookies these cookies could be temporarily stock in a dedicated space of your browser. The cookies will be only readable by us.
- Cookies’ refusal
You can do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, your access to some features and services may not function properly.
The different ways to carry out your rights:
For Internet Explorer™ :
For Safari™ :
For Chrome™ :
For Firefox™ :
For Opera™ :
Q6: How do we use your information?
A6: We may use the information we collect from you, regardless of the type of information, in the following ways:
- To personalize and enhance your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and offerings that may be of interest to you;
- To deliver, provide, and repair products or services;
- To send you mandatory communications such as welcome letters, purchase confirmations, recall announcements, or other similar transactional or administrative notices;
- To establish and maintain customer accounts and billing records;
- To contact you about our products and services and better direct specific offers or promotions to you;
- To monitor website statistics;
- To monitor our customer service employees;
- To establish your online account and authenticate you during log-in;
- To quickly process your requests for information;
- To allow us to respond efficiently to your questions;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other feature;
- To send you promotional material; and
- To allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law, as described more fully below.
Q7: With whom do we share your information?
A7: BANDAI NAMCO may share your information, including (in some cases) your PII and login information, in the following situations:
- When we share your information with the family of BANDAI NAMCO companies, including our subsidiaries, parent company, or international companies. This allows us to get a better understanding of who our consumers are worldwide, improve our products based on global needs and interests, and market our products using local resources and based on local interests. When these data are transferred to a state which not belonging to the European Community, we ensure that State ensures an adequate level of protection of privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, accordance with Article 25 of the European Directive 95/46/CE.
- If we are bought or acquired by another company (either fully or partially), merged with another company, or experience a reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar event. If any of these events occur, your information may be shared with our successor or assign (i.e., the new company or the company that takes over), subject to the notification procedures set forth in the section entitled "Changes to this Policy" (see below).
Q8: Will third parties collect information on our websites?
A8: There are no situations where a third party may collect information through our websites. However, note that BANDAI NAMCO's web site may include hyperlinks to web sites operated by third parties including advertisers and other content providers. Those sites may collect data or solicit personal information from you. BANDAI NAMCO does not control such web sites, and is not responsible for their content, privacy policies, or for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those sites may collect.
Q9: What kinds of security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
A9: The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. That's why we have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and improper use. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods. But, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is entirely perfect or impenetrable.
You can also play a role in helping keep your personal information safe. If you are required to create a unique password to restrict access to your account, choose a password that is hard for others to guess, and be sure never to reveal it to anyone else. It is your responsibility to keep your password and account information confidential at all times. If you use a shared or public computer, never choose to have your login information remembered and make sure to log out of your account every time you leave the computer.
Q10: How can you update/change your login information and profile?
A10: Accordance with the legal provisions on the protection of personal data, and in particular Articles 38 and 40 of the Data Protection Act (Loi Informatique et Libertés), you have the right to access, modify, rectify and delete your personal data. You also have the right to oppose, for legitimate reasons, that personal data relating to you being processed, under the conditions of Article 38 of the aforementioned Act.
Our websites will have some manner in which you can access your login information (for example, these areas may be labeled as "My Account," "Edit Profile," "Settings," or other similar names), and we may offer a variety of options that allow you to update information we've stored about you under your account. If these options are not available for the website you are using, or you wish to make a request or modification different from what is offered or allowed within these account management areas, the following additional options are available to you:
- Opting out from BANDAI NAMCO marketing communications - At the time of registration or data collection, you may be given the option to opt-in to or opt-out from receiving marketing communications from BANDAI NAMCO by checking or un-checking a noticeable check box. For some registrations and activities, receipt of communications (including marketing communications) may be automatic upon your giving us personal information (such as an email address on a sign-up form intended exclusively for that purpose) or upon taking some other action associated with receiving communications (such as setting up a profile under your BANDAI NAMCO account).
In addition, along with every marketing communication we send you, we provide you a process to opt-out from receiving future marketing messages of the same kind (i.e., unsubscribe). Simply follow the unsubscribe process or directions provided within each such marketing communication. Please note that even if you opt out from all BANDAI NAMCO marketing communications, you may continue to receive communications from us, such as product updates, account information, mandatory communications, and the like. You may also receive BANDAI NAMCO-related messages initiated or sent to you by friends or family members who use one of our send-to-friend email features or other similar peer-initiated web features.
- Customer Support - For additional help, you can always contact Customer Support by calling, writing, or e-mailing us at the contact information provided below.
Please note that it is your responsibility to keep your BANDAI NAMCO account information (including your email address) current and accurate, and to notify us if your email account ever changes or is terminated. BANDAI NAMCO assumes no responsibility for misdirected messages (i.e., messages sent to an email account which you no longer own). Misdirected messages could reveal personal information about you to unintended third parties.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe
49, 51 Rue des Docks
69258 LYON Cedex 09
Any personal information you provide to the above e-mail and postal mail addresses will not be used to send you promotional materials, unless you request it.